Today, we review the upcoming Play-to-Earn, Horse Racing Game, Silks!
Silks Game Review: A Few Words About The Game
Silks is the first-ever derivative play-to-earn (P2E) metaverse. Silks is based on the Ethereum Mainnet with layer-2 solutions and is under development by Tropical Racing, a public company that runs 200-acre horse farms that breed, syndicate, and race horses.
A game where everything is cloned and tokenized, plus the horse’s real-time performance is tracked by unique NFT tokens. Silks is a game for horse racing and play-to-earn enthusiasts.
Ways Players Get Rewarded in Silks:
- Race Horses.
- Stake Horses.
- Breed Horses.
- Contributing to the ecosystem.
Based on The U.S. Thoroughbred Horse Racing Economy
Silks’ gameplay is mainly based on the real-life thoroughbred horse racing economy.
For example, each year, 20,000 foals are registered as thoroughbred racehorses in the U.S., and many of these are sold between August and October at auctions when they turn one year old.
These things are worth mentioning as Silks will have many of these facts integrated into its gameplay and ecosystem. All the information about the U.S. thoroughbred horse racing economy is here.
Gameplay and NFTs of Silks
As a play-to-earn game, it is logical to say that NFTs are an important part of the ecosystem and are connected with a strong bond. These NFTs are:
Silks Horses and Everything About Them
Silks Horses are the NFTs players use to race and earn rewards. Horses can also be traded, sold, and bought within the marketplace.
With each one being the digital derivative of one of the top registered 1- year old thoroughbred racehorses in the U.S, every on-track performance and training progress from the real world will be tracked and give a token reward to the owner.
When a real-world version of a horse is scheduled to race, the blockchain will notify its owner to watch it race. By winning, the owner will receive a percentage of a token reward.
- How to Get My Hands on a Horse? Users will be eligible to get their hands on an NFT horse by owning a Racing Silks NFT (avatar), which we will talk about in a while. The Horse mint is set to be in mid-2022, representing the 20,000 yearlings born in 2021. The sale will be held with a traditional blind NFT sale, meaning players will not see what they buy directly but later in the wallet.
- How Does Breeding Work? Well, it’s very simple. If a horse is successful at racing, it may be retired at some point to become a broodmare or a stallion. When these horses breed, the blockchain recognizes the owner and rewards them with a distribution of $SST equal to a % of the sale price the foal (one-year-old horse) was purchased.
- Horse Staking Mechanism: Like the real world, horses in Silks need money to feed, train, and house. So, staking it into a third-party Silks Stable, which is optional, gives the owner a % of the horse’s overall rewards. That also offers the chance to private stable owners to get a % of all earnings from the staked horses.
As mentioned above, Silks Stables are NFTs needed to support the ecosystem by feeding, caring, and, most importantly, housing fellow Silks horses.
The minimum size of a Stable existing is 10 acres of land, meaning that if anyone wishes to build one of those, he will be required to assemble ten lands NFTs that are contiguous to each other. This minimum size Stable can house up to ten horses, with a maximum potential of 100 acres of land Stable.
The Silks metaverse will be built on 202,500 acres of land. Each land plot will have a 450×450 acre grid and be represented by horizontal and vertical coordinates indicating the uniqueness of each land plot.
Land will be necessary to build Stables!
Racing Silks Avatar
Racing Silks represent and ride the Silks Horses. You can identify each horse by its rider because Racing Silks are colorful, and each one is unique.
Racing Silks are necessary to earn $SST rewards!
Tokenomics of Silks
Silks has a dual token economy, $SLK, and $STT:
- The Silks Dao Token ($SLK): $SLK is the primary governance token of the Silks ecosystem. The $SLK token will be backed by a treasury wallet holding liquidity and stable digital financial instruments to secure the DAO.
$SLK has a total supply of 500M.
- The Silks Transaction Token ($STT): $STT will be the secondary and play-to-earn token used for in-game transactions and rewards. The $STT token will also be backed by a treasury wallet holding liquidity and stable digital financial instruments to secure the DAO.
$STT has a total supplu of 5B.
Final Thoughts About Silks
The fact the game will grab real-life data of U.S. thoroughbred horses and foals is impressive. It is a unique idea, and it might work pleasingly. Till then, take care, and thanks for reading the Silks game review!
Stay always up to date:
???? Don’t Miss a thing: Join the News-Telegram Channel or The Discussion Group.
????In Your Feed: Follow us on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
???? Let’s Watch: Youtube Subscribe & Chill.
????️Useful Channels: NFT Giveaway Channel & Early Adopter Opportunities Channel.
????️Gaming Guild & Scholarships: Join our Discord.
????Saturday Mail Recap: Subscribe for the Blockchain Gaming Digest.
We use affiliate links when possible. At no cost to you, we may earn some crypto or nfts.
While we strive for the accuracy of the content, we provide it “as-is.” We take no responsibility for any actions or results. We write about games, treat them as games. We don’t give investment advices. Always do your own, extensive research.
If this article, video or photo intrigues any copyright, please indicate it to the author’s email or in the comment box.